Practical information on using the House
If you have any questions about the House or our work, please get in touch.
How much accommodation is there?
The House is small. It can accommodate day groups of 12 – 15 people.
The House has
• An ancient prayer room
• A light, comfortable upstairs meeting room
• A kitchen where meals may be prepared
• 2 small bedrooms for the use of occasional overnight retreatants (self-catering)
• A beautiful garden, affiliated to the Quiet Garden Trust
• An extensive library containing books on prayer and spirituality
• A prayer hut (for daytime use) in the garden
How can I arrange to come?
The House is always open for visitors from 3 – 5pm on Tuesday afternoons.
• Individuals can book in for a day of retreat or in some cases may stay overnight by arrangement with the warden. This is on a self-catering basis.
• Groups can book in to use all or part of the House, either for quiet days or for a planning or team building time together.
• Occasionally work-related teams rent a room in the House for a team awayday.
What does it cost to go there?
When you arrange to come, a donation for your time there will be suggested. For example, a minimum of £12 for an individual quiet day, or £40 for a group per half day, or £70 for a day. We do not wish people to be excluded for financial reasons, but the House is heavily dependent on donations and the generosity of those who come.